Anyone have specifics on the dates for the Region D playoffs?
Will top seeds host on Nov 8? Nov 15?
Playoffs at UVA-Wise on Nov 29?
Anyone have specifics on the dates for the Region D playoffs?
Will top seeds host on Nov 8? Nov 15?
Playoffs at UVA-Wise on Nov 29?
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
There is an off week in between the last regular season game and the 1st round of the playoffs.
1st Round will be held at higher seed on November 15
Region D Championship will be held at UVAW on November 22 I would imagine, I can't see them taking another week off in between.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
I was thinking someone had a make-up game or something.
Just looked kinda strange to have the Region D championship before Thanksgiving.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Host teams will be given the option of playing on Friday or Saturday in the first round games.
November 7-8 is the bye weekend for play-offs. Doesn't Haysi have a regularly scheduled game that Friday night?
That's interesting when did they start letting the host team decide whether the first round game was played on Friday/Saturday. Is that the first year they started this?
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's interesting when did they start letting the host team decide whether the first round game was played on Friday/Saturday. Is that the first year they started this? </div></div>
It was approved at the last Region D meeting. I don't know how people hosting will schedule it this year. I do know UVA-W has a home game on the 15th at 1:30, that might affect some decisions.
Haysi plays at Lee High that week, along with the Lebanon/Tazewell game.
The 8th is the last week of the regular season, not a bye week before the playoffs. Most teams just haven't started scheduling there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if some don't change for that during this new contract period.
Schools in Region D have hosted games on Friday's before, but not commonly. Rye Cove hosted St. Paul in 03 or 04 I believe on a Friday night. Same week as the muddy game between Appy and JIB @ Appy.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks